Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blog Assignment 1

This is Me!
                Hello everyone!  My name is Amelia Bumpers.  I am 19 years old and I am a junior majoring in Elementary Education.  I have always loved dealing with kids.  I graduated from Leroy High School in May 2010.  I went to Faulkner State Community College in Bay Minette for a year before transferring to South Alabama.  Go Jags!!
                In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, whether it is watching a movie at the house, spending a day in Mobile, or going to a sporting event.  I am extremely close to both of my parents and little sister.  I absolutely love Leroy football (current 2A State Champs) and baseball (current 2A runner up).  I also enjoy watching Auburn football and I plan to get involved with South Alabama football. 
                I love to dance.  I have taken dance classes since I was 4 years old.  I was on the dance line at Leroy my junior and senior years, as well as Faulkner’s dance team for a semester.  If there is no other way for me to express my emotions, I know I can do it through dance.  Dancing is a wonderful stress reliever.  I am very active in church.  I recently joined Leroy First Baptist Church.  I sing in the choir on Sunday mornings. 




Randy Pausch
I learned a number of things from watching Randy Pausch's video on time management.  He pointed out that it is good to think about your to-do list every day.  And not only should you have a to-do list for the day, but also for the week and semester/month, whichever best fits your personal lifestyle.  Also, if you are a procrastinator, it would probably help to start out with the largest and most difficult task and work your way down to the smallest task. 



3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with this. He was an excellent presenter, and did a great job with his speech. Mr. Pausch did have a few good tips on time management and making to-do lists. Doing the most difficult thing first is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Amelia!

    Welcome to EDM310! You seem to be a very athletic person! Would you be up for a "Dance Central" challenge with Rebekah and I?

    On another note, I'm looking forward to seeing what you accomplish this semester. Good luck!

    - Allie

    P.S. Remember Randy Pausch's name. You'll be hearing more of him in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, it's so hard to make yourself do the most difficult thing first!
    Allie, I would love to have a "Dance Central" challenge with you and Rebekah! Just let me know when.

    ReplyDelete