Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blog Assignment 4

I think the podcast is a great thing to bring into a classroom. It is an excellent way to keep the parents involved and let them know what is going on in their child's classroom. It is also a great way to keep students caught up on their work if they have to miss school for a few days because of an illness. Like the post 100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better says, podcasts are great for studying on the run. I have always wanted to study while driving down the road without putting the lives of myself and everyone else on the road at risk, and now I can!! Podcasting is also a great activity for students to do because it helps keep their creativity level up. Like the Langwitches Blog says, the kids are curious as to how they can change their tone, pitches, volume, speed, and many other things with their voice to make their podcast more entertaining. I will definitely be using podcasts in my classroom from time to time when I start teaching.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia!
    I saw some great things in your post. Your sentence flow is a lot better great job! I agree with you about podcasting can be a great tool in helping receive missing school work. On the other hand the one down fall can be interruptions due to loss of internet connections, and not having a computer or Ipod at disposal. You state great things in your post. The only I would suggest is to be more elaborate in your paragraphs. Also you only talked on two of the articles when it was suppose to be 3 chosen and discussed. Besides that your post was great! Thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, no texting. Listening is OK I think. Not any worse than music.

    ReplyDelete