Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blog Assignment 7

My first thought when I saw that I had to watch an hour long lecture was "This is going to be so boring". But I was very wrong. Randy Pausch's lecture was amazing--very inspiring. He talked about his childhood dreams and how important they are. As teachers, we have to encourage students to have childhood dreams and work hard to accomplish those dreams. He also points out that with every goal comes a challenge. But the challenges are not there to stop us from accomplishing our dreams, they are there to let us prove how badly we want our dreams to come true and work hard for what we want. So many kids now are just given everything they want without having to work for it, then when they get our in the real world, they don't know how to work for what they need or want and fail. We need to teach them at an early age to work for what they want.
It is very clear that Randy has a passion for teaching! He knows how to keep students motivated to learn. Learning is very important, but you also have to make it fun to get kids motivated to actually do it. I know I learn a lot more when the lesson is fun and interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Amelia,

    First off, I want to congratulate you on your mega ahead of the game-ness! I need to take a note from you (this comment is almost two days late). :)

    However, I would have liked to see you go into a bit more detail. You didn't really discuss any of the lessons that Pausch talked about.

    And lastly, I like that you added a picture of the book! You should look into reading it! It's actually really good! Butttt you did forget your title and alt modifiers...

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete