Monday, October 10, 2011

Blog Assignment 8

This is How We Dream
I have dreamed about many different things, but I can honestly say that I have never dreamed about the kinds of technology that we have today. Technology allows us to do many wonderful things. We can talk to someone half way around the world instantly. We can talk to anyone, anytime we want to, no matter where we are. We can research anything and everything at any time without having to open a book. It is really amazing what we can come up with when we dream.
Blog Post #12
I think Carly's post was excellent! You can tell she has a lot of creativity and she has a passion for literature. She will make a great teacher! I don't think she could have gotten any closer to what Dr. Miller hoped for writing with multi-media. It is obvious that she put a lot of time and effort into this post. I really enjoyed reading it and watching the videos.
EDM 310 is Different
I really enjoyed watching The Chipper Series. It was a great way to show people that you can't always have things your way, and you definitely can't be lazy in college or when you start your career. The Chipper series also makes a great point about procrastination. Procrastination gets you no where. If you procrastinate in school, you will make bad grades. If you procrastinate when you get a job, you will get fired for not meeting deadlines. The best thing to do is to go ahead and get started on it as soon as you get the assignment so it will be done to the best of your ability instead of being thrown together at the last minute. 
EDM 310 for dummies was a fun way to show how stressful this class can be if you don't know what you are doing, but there is help. if you are not technologically literate, there is a book to help complete this course that explains everything--Blogger, Twitter, class syllabus, YouTube, and anything else having to do with EDM310. It obviously helped the girls in the video, so it has to be worth a try. 

Learn to Change, Change to Learn
This video makes some great points. One woman pretty much asks why is it that e-mailing, instant messaging, and text messaging are banned from schools when they are the main ways people, especially teenagers, communicate. We have to change our classrooms in order for students to learn more efficiently. Now, students are learning more through technology. Students need to learn how to find information, validate it, synthesize it, and problem solve with it instead of memorizing facts. 

3 comments:

  1. Either you didn't honestly do the assignments or you missed the message of each of them. It would benefit you to go back and review the assignments.
    EDM 310 for Dummies isn't a real book, however it should be!
    Don't leave out links or pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see how you got the idea that I didn't do the assignments or missed the point of them. Could you elaborate on this?
    I agree, EDM310 for Dummies should be a real book, but I'm pretty sure there is a book out there that serves pretty much the same purpose.
    I did forget my links this time, however, I do have my required picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jacey-Blair. Did you watch the videos? You certainly do not write anything about what the real message of Dr. Miller. A portable paragraph for sure. And I can say the same for The Chipper series. If you watched the videos, which I do not think you did, you would have had more to say than this.

    Maybe you watched the last series. Maybe not. I am not sure.

    See the instructions on writing a quality blog post.

    ReplyDelete