Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blog Assignment 11

In the video "Little Kids...Big Potential" there were first graders blogging and using the same things we are in EDM310. They posted a blog regularly, which they say helped them with the writing. They used Skype to communicate with other classrooms and professionals. They even found ways to use their Nintendo DS's. I think their teacher is doing a great job with them and I hope I can do this with my students in a few years. These things help students in more ways than just learning how to use a computer.
Mrs. Cassidy had some great points in her interview. One of my questions about blogging in an elementary classroom was how to protect them and keep them from seeing things that they shouldn't see. Obviously, teaching them not to use their last name, pictures, address, or phone number on the internet is the best way to protect them, but it is so easy for them to get to pages that are inappropriate, whether it is on purpose or by accident. Having links on the class page is a great idea so they will know what pages they can go to for sure. Another thing I have thought about is, when will I have time to get my students to post a blog regularly. I had never thought about doing it during reading sections. I really enjoyed watching this interview. I got a lot of great information! And I loved seeing the snow in her backyard. I would love to have that here every other year or so!
Little Kids..Big Potential

1 comment:

  1. So you learned some new techniques. That is what it is all about.

    You can have the snow. Every 20 years is too much for me!

    ReplyDelete