Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blog Assignment 13

I had never heard of Wolfram Alpha until this blog post was assigned. I had never heard of Google Squared either, but did not get to use it because there was an error every time I tried it. 22.88% of China's population equals the United States' population. 89.6% of China's population equals India's population. I think Wolfram Alpha would be very useful in the classroom. Children are always wondering random facts, so when one of those comes up in class all I would have to do it bring up Wolfram Alpha.
Wolfram Alpha

5 comments:

  1. It appears that you are missing the decimal after 22 but it is there. That could cause problems! The font is not a good one or you need a space.

    You must have used an older print copy of the assignment. Google closed Google Squared in October and I changed the assignment on November 15. never rely on print instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...Children are always wondering random facts..." Wondering random facts. How novel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It should be wondering about random facts. There is a decimal after the 22, but the font does not show it very well. I'm sorry about that. Also, I used the instructions that were posted in the syllabus on the EDM blog for this assignment. I just checked, and Google Squared is still included in the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amelia,
    It is nice to see a familiar face. I always find population statistics fascinating. And China's numbers are always staggering. I like your post, and maybe we will see each other in an education class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin,
    I saw you in the lab a few weeks ago and thought it was you, but I wasn't 100% sure. Hopefully we will have another class together, and good luck with the rest of your education!

    ReplyDelete